Thursday, February 19, 2015

Susan and Sasaki Day 18 & 19 "What can you eat?"

"What can you eat?" A  question that I get asked all the time.  I use to feel frustrated every time I got asked that question because it bothered me that people thought that I limit myself from eating so many things.  But over the past couple years I've come to accept that question.   Probably because I have expanded my palette, cooking styles, and taste for so many new ingredients.   The list of what I do eat seems endless.  When you focus on what you CAN eat, you don't even think about what you choose not to eat.  Nowadays when I get asked "what can you eat?"...oh boy, are you in for a long night of hearing me passionately talk about the foods I love, the different styles of cooking, the hundreds of interesting ingredients that so many people would find exotic.  I eat an endless number of foods and I continue branching out new recipes, new cooking styles, exploring new ingredients, and experimenting with cooking.  

There is no end to learning and growth!  For example, yesterday I learned that I'm in love with broccoli rabe!  I've had broccoli rabe many times in the past, but I've never been a huge fan of it.  But these past couple weeks, after making several of Susan's dishes that call for broccoli rabe, I can't get enough.  I want more!  

Another dish I'm excited about is clear soup.  I grew up on clear soup and I make it often, but today I made Susan's recipe.  It was so delicious!   I've always boiled my mochi, but Susan pan fries her mochi.  That made the soup more hearty!  Perfect for cold weather.  Mmmmm!

I encourage all of you to branch out and try new recipes and cooking styles.  I hope some of you have been cooking along with me.  

60 recipes from "The Complete Macrobiotic Diet" down, 22 more to go! Nine days left.  

Yesterday's Lunch:
Puréed Chickpea Soup (p.304)
 


Sautéed Broccoli Rabe (p.336)
Pasta with Cauliflower and Baby Arugula Sauce (p.291)


Today's Lunch:
Clear Soup (p.306)


 Sweet Vegetable Kimpira (p.333)  I used carrots and parsnips.


 Dessert:
Panna Cotta with Fresh Fruit Sauce (p.357)

No comments:

Post a Comment