Sunday, February 1, 2015

Susan and Sasaki: Day 1 The Project

Hello friends!  Recently we got our signed copy of Denny and Susan Waxman’s new book “The Complete Macrobiotic Diet.”  The books is great!  It’s well written, easy to read, and it has 82 yummy recipes.  I highly recommend checking out the book if you are curious about macrobiotics or are seeking health.  And when I say “health,” I’m talking about all physical health, mental health, emotional health, and environmental health.  Macrobiotics has evolved so much over the years.  This is a great book on modern macrobiotics.  

I’ve had the privilege of learning some of these recipes from Susan, the master chef herself, when I took classes with her at the Strengthening Health Institute and assisted her in the kitchen.  Her dishes are always tasty and they leave me feeling good!  

I’m super excited to cook Susan’s recipes!  So…like the famous Julie Julia, I’ve decided I will cook all 82 recipes this month.  I’ll call this project Susan and Sasaki. Haha.    

A polaroid shot of Susan and I (November 2014)



This weekend I spent some time creating the meal plan for the month.  I’ll of course make adjustments or re-arrange some of the menu plan if I feel I the need to to create better balance.



I’m looking forward to cooking and sharing photos with all you readers!  


And so the project begins.  I just finished the calendar this afternoon, so the meals will begin tomorrow.  Today, I had enough ingredients in my fridge for a mid-afternoon snack.  


Susan’s Guacamole
Cool Green Cucumber Juice (with nappa cabbage, cucumber, and green apple).  
Very refreshing!  mmm…





No comments:

Post a Comment