Sunday, March 1, 2015

Susan and Sasaki: Day 28 The End

Hello my lovely readers,

The Susan and Sasaki cooking marathon has come to an end!  82 recipes completed in 28 days!  Yes, that is every recipe from Denny and Susan Waxman's new book, The Complete Macrobiotic Diet.   

The project concluded yesterday at the Beverley Concert Series.  We had about 50 people over and I prepared a big spread of macrobiotic food, five of Susan's recipes and two of my own.  We had music by kotoist Yumi Kurosawa and Kenny Warren's band Laila and Smitty.  It was a special night.  The food and music was a hit, and there was so much laughter and love.  

As expected, I've learned some new recipes and refined ones I learned in class at the SHI.  There are several of Susan's dishes that I'm in love with and will be making on a regular basis;  dishes like the Arugula Salad with Sautéed Mushrooms, the Mediterranean Sautéed Vegetables (with Broccoli Rabe!!!), the Pasta dish with Kale and Sun-dried tomatoes Sauce, The Peruvian Quinoa with black Beans and Avocado, the Hearty Lentil Stew with Fried Bread, and Panna Cotta with Fresh Fruit Sauce, to name a few.  There are so many wonderful recipes in this book.  I hope you will buy the book and try some of these recipes yourself.  

This cooking project has sparked creativity in me.  I have so many ideas right now...it's a bit overwhelming.  I have many new recipe ideas ready to be experimented with, I have ideas for future cooking projects, I have ideas on how to share modern macrobiotics to my community and to the world.  Okay, maybe I'm getting a little carried away, but I do have BIG plans.  I just need some time to figure out where to start.   

Although I'm sad that this project is over, I'm also very excited about my future with cooking.  If you have enjoyed my posts, please fill in your email address at the top right of the blog screen so that you can get notices on my future projects and meals.  Your support is what keeps me going!  

Thank you for following!  Thank you to my teachers, my family, my husband, and friends for all that you have taught me.  You inspire me and have shaped who I am today.   I cook with thoughts of you!

With Gratitude and Love,
Akiko


82 recipes down....THE END!

Brown Rice Crispy Treats (p.367)



Strawberry-Blueberry Fruit Crumble (p.365)


Hearty Lentil Stew with Fried Bread (p.316)


Arugula Salad with Sautéed Mushrooms (p.347)


Pasta with Onion, Kale, and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce (p.290)



Spicy Mexican Black Bean Dip (This recipe was invented on a whim yesterday, by yours truly.)


Beet Chickpea Dip (Recipe by yours truly)

















Jesse's Sourdough Bread







No comments:

Post a Comment