Friday, December 4, 2015

Peaceful Plates Around the World!

Here we go my dear cooking friends!  Oh Boy! I'm attempting to launch a MASSIVE cooking project!  It's a project that I've been thinking about for a long time.  I've finally decided to just go for it, as it doesn't hurt to try! 

This is an exciting time for food in the world.  There is a strong uprising of things like organic farming, and an acknowledgement of the importance of home cooking for personal, family, and environmental health.  I think that this project can be a valuable contribution to that movement.  


Peaceful Plates Around the World


For this project, I will be traveling to various countries around the world to cook with grandmothers, natural farmers, monks, and people who carry on traditions.  I'll be collecting traditional recipes and cooking methods, and after I practice them and organize them, I'll be sharing the recipe with you here on my blog!  Through this project, I want to show people how plant-based meals are universal, I want to highlight the importance of family traditions and cultural diversity, and I want to show how our food choices have a great impact on the global and local environment.  

As you can imagine, a trip like this isn't cheap, so I'm launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund it.  I would be so grateful for your help.  Please make a contribution today and please share it with your friends, your Facebook page, or anyone you think who might be interested.  The campaign ends on Dec. 22nd.  As most of you know, Kickstarter is an all or nothing deal.  If I don't reach my fundraising goal, donations will not be processed, I will not get any financial support, which means I will not launch the project.  If you believe in what I'm doing, please help me bring this project to life.   I need your support today!

  


Here's how you can help: 
1. Make a monetary donation.  Any amount $5, $10, $50, $100, or whatever you can is greatly appreciated!
2. Share my project with your family and friends
3. Share my project on your social media posts or FB groups, etc. 
4. Share my project to blogs, newsletters, media
5. Connect me to organizations and businesses that may be interested in featuring the project. 

You can view the project and make your contribution here:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1190093482/peaceful-plates-around-the-world?ref=video


Thanks so much for reading and following my blog.  I'm grateful for your support and happy that together we can make a difference in the world.  It's an exciting time to be alive, and to be part of a movement of change and betterment.  

Warmly,
Akiko



And here are the results to Broccoli Week!  

Broccoli Tempura by Akiko


Broccoli Pesto Pasta by Jesse Stacken


No comments:

Post a Comment